Monday, January 16, 2012

Thing 2.2 Voice Thread

There were so many options in Thing 2 and I want to try out several of them.  I tried voice thread last week to do a short video for my second grade as an intro to a Chinese New Year project they will begin working on.

I had high hopes for voice thread, but after using it, am not as impressed as I thought it would be.  I used a powerpoint I had made previously and then narrated the slides for students.  I tried to use the crayon tools to make points or underline, but it was a little tricky and I had trouble coordinating my words and pointing things out at the same time.

About halfway through I thought maybe it would be nice to have background music.  I cranked up some traditional Chinese tunes on my Pandora App and played it in the background to add another level of interest, and hopefully hide the whirring noise of my computer.  It half worked.

I can see potential for voice thread...It can really help students to learn the art of a good Powerpoint....Not reading from the slide.  They can focus on a visual with the slide, and add the dialogue, as opposed to what they usually do...read from the slide.  We will be using Voicethread with 3rd and 4th grade later in the year.

Here is what I came up with...
voicethread.com/share/2598356/

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I can't view your VoiceThread. I think you have it set to be private? If you click on the GEAR at the top of the VT, then the EDIT option, you'll see PUBLISHING OPTIONS at the bottom of that screen. It has the privacy options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops...Fixed that... should be good now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting caught up and looked at your VT - love it!

    ReplyDelete