Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thing 1-A Fourth B-Baby

Thing 1...A fourth B.  When I signed up for this course I naively thought that Babykins would, well, sleep like a baby.  Even as I write this, trying desperately to catch up with the rest of you, I am being starred down by a 3-month-old who has missed the window of getting sleeping and gone straight to way overdue for a nap.  That being said, I am having such a good time at home that I haven't really been thinking about much of technology (other than posting baby pics to facebook) or work for that matter.  I am very okay with the latter.

So for Thing 1 I added a few widgets to my blog.  I haven't really used GoodReads so I set up an account and added that.  I actually created two GoodReads accounts, one for my personal reading, and one for school.  I would like to set up a new website for our school library.  Tried it in wiki format for last CoolTools project.  Didn't really care for the format to use as a website.  Will try again but just as a tool for a stand alone class.

Also added a Pinterest widget.  I am a total addict.  I now spend a lot of time on the coach feeding Babykins.  My child eats like every meal is a leisurely dinner in Paris so feeding sessions can take about 45 minutes.  I have found Pinterest to be a great resource for so many things--cooking, crafting, great ideas for library lessons and decor.


In terms of blogging.  When I get back to school in February I plan on using KidBlogs for my fourth grade students to keep a research journal.  I can see a lot of potential for using it as a reflection tool for all students.  We will see how that goes.




3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the bambino! What a cutie. And I'm giving you credit for thing 2 also, you did enough with your goodreads accounts! How's that for making fast progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Polly! Did you find any good chardonnay out on the west coast?

    ReplyDelete